Saturday, July 19, 2008

"I Wish I Was A Fetus"

Here's an interesting poem that I came across:

I wish I was a fetus
I never would be bored,
Sitting in my uterus
Swingin' on my cord.

To worry the obstreticians
I'd be a proper beast,
I'd change position on the hour
-Transverse, oblique, then breech!

To student midwives, I'd present
A mystifying case
I'd hide myself in the os
& leave an empty space.

I'd tie my cord into a knot
& wave it through the cervix
I'd give the mid-wives such a shock
-& laugh off all my vernix!

And when my membranes rupture
I'd be a right ol' pest
Presenting large diameters
I'd transeversely arrest.

I'd tell my pal placenta
To get himself detached.
To theatre then the lot of us,
would pronto be despatched!

And when they start to Caesar
I'd laugh & think "Ti-Hi"
When no one else is looking,
I'd come vaginally!!

:) :)
-Unknown



PS: If you liked this, check out "Fetus-The Wonder Baby" . Its weird, but different. :)

5 comments:

  1. awesome one dude

    i am a medical student from medical college, kolkata, final year

    :P

    loved the poem

    tooo koool

    pranab

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea! i love the poem too! (NOT my creation).. :) :)
    am a final yr student too. just started 9th sem.
    thanks for the comment!
    tc
    arps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful


    nopes, no need to thank me fr the comment

    being a newbie to the blogger world i understand it feels good to have comments on one's posts

    :P

    if possible, do check out myposts and comment on them as and when u feel free or are free

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, nice poem. You should check out the Colorectal Surgeon Song.

    ReplyDelete

=)

Similar Stories

Blog Widget by LinkWithin